Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Reading Challenges

This year I decided to sign up for some reading challenges. I am going to put all of the challenges I am officially signed up for on a page along with a link to the blog or site that is hosting it (see above). Every month I will give an Update post on my progress with all of the challenges. These are the challenges I am participating in this year:
Each participant must come up with a list of at least 12 debut books to read and review in 2013.


auntiespinellireads.com
The goal: To read as many sequels as you can. You set your goal at whatever number works for you.
I am setting my goal at 10 books.

The goal is to read one book featuring each of the following paranormal creatures:
Vampires
Werewolves/Shifters
Fey
Angels/Nephilim
Mermaids
Dragons
Zombies
Demons
Witches/Wizards
Ghosts
Aliens
Other (ie: sirens, unicorns, centaurs, timetravel etc.)

Read 26 books with titles A-Z 

Read as many pages as you can.
 You can always move up a level but you can't go down. The levels are:
Living with the parents: 0 - 2000 pages
College Dorm: 2,001 - 4,000 pages
Off Campus Apartment: 4,001 - 6,000 pages
My First Place: 6,001 - 8,000 pages
Condominium: 8,001 - 10,000 pages
Mansion: 10,001 + pages

Using the 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation List, chose books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
The Levels:
Level I - Read 5 books from the 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation List
Level II - Read 10 books
Level III - Read 15 books
Level IV - Read 20 books
Level V - Read 20+ books


The 2013 Ebook Challenge. Encouraging readers to expand past just physical books to embrace ebooks in all forms, whether on Kindle, Kobo, computer, or any other reader.
Levels:
Floppy disk – 5 ebooks
CD – 10 ebooks
DVD – 25 ebooks
Memory stick – 50 ebooks
Hard drive – 75 ebooks
Server – 100 ebooks
Human brain – 150 ebooks

What challenges are you participating in in 2013?

5 comments:

  1. Woah! That is a lot of challenges! I hope you the best. I am not participating in any and won't because it's too pressuring for me. XP But I hope you have fun and read many books! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I forgot to mention but your new background and layout is looking very pretty! I love the background, where did you get it?

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I am trying to challenge myself to read as many book as I can this year. And thanks for noticing the change, though I guess it is pretty different XD. I got the background here: http://www.blogdesignsbysheila.com/
      ~Sydney

      Delete
    3. Your welcome! It's going to be a busy year for all of us. XD Oo, thanks for the website! :)

      HAPPY NEW YEARS!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.