Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Prodigal

Prodigal
Rektok Ross

It was supposed to be Lexy Quinn’s year.

The hard-working wallflower has finally landed the coveted spot as Editor of her school’s newspaper. Then the rug is ripped out from under her when she finds out her mom is sick, and the family is moving half-way across the country to Preston Hills, Texas. Lexy can’t think of a worse place to be than at a school full of snobby rich kids where she’ll have to start all over to get people to notice her writing, or–who is she kidding?—notice her at all.

When the most swoon-worthy boy in town, who also happens to be the jock celebrity quarterback, gives her an exclusive interview, Lexy’s life takes an unexpected turn. Ash Preston is the perfect guy and, even better, he sees Lexy as she wants to be seen. But can she trust him?
(Summary from Goodreads)

Rating: 4/5

My Thoughts:
~ This book sucked me in from the minute I started reading it. It was honestly a good book. Lexy was a relatable character, and I liked reading about how she coped with her issues. Ash... he was just plain cool. I hope I can find my own Ash one day. The relationship between them was sweet and seemed very real. There are religious elements in the book but it wasn't overpowering. Altogether this was a very good book.

Cover: 
~The cover was a little strange when I first saw it, but it grew on me. You know what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover.

In All:
~ This book is very well written and I would recommend this book to everyone.

*I would like to thank Smith Publicity for letting me read this for review via NetGalley*

Have you read this book? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.