Friday, May 10, 2013

Quote Unquote: Delirium

Quote Unquote is a series of posts of my favorite quotes from certain books. Today I am doing Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I loved this whole series. Lauren Oliver's writing is just so beautiful!

~“It's so strange how life works: You want something and you wait and wait and feel like it's taking forever to come. Then it happens and it's over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed.” 

~“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it” 

~“Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.” 

~“And now I know why they invented words for love, why they had to: It's the only thing that can come close to describing what I feel in that moment, the baffling mixture of pain and pleasure and fear and joy, all running sharply through me at once.” 

~
“I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up.” 


~
“He who leaps for the sky may fall, it's true. But he may also fly.” 


~
“You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes".” 


~
“Mama, Mama, help me get home
I'm out in the woods, I am out on my own.
I found me a werewolf, a nasty old mutt
It showed me its teeth and went straight for my gut.

Mama, Mama, help me get home
I'm out in the woods, I am out on my own.
I was stopped by a vampire, a rotting old wreck
It showed me its teeth and went straight for my neck.

Mama, Mama, put me to bed
I won't make it home, I'm already half-dead.
I met an Invalid, and fell for his art
He showed me his smile, and went straight for my heart.


~“Love: It will kill you and save you, both” 


~
“Hate isn’t the most dangerous thing, he’d said. Indifference is.” 


What quote from this book is your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. I've gotten bored with this series, I'm sorry >.< Pandemonium didn't keep my interest at all and my favorite has to be the first book. I tried reading the third book but again, it got a bit boring for me. Out of all the quotes mentioned above, I think I like “He who leaps for the sky may fall, it's true. But he may also fly.” the best :)

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotes :) I remember these! I really need to continue on with the series! I have book two sitting on my shelf :) Great post!

    Janina @ Synchonized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Delirium! And it's just so quotable. My favorite is "I love you. Remember. They cannot take it." I haven't read Requiem but maybe soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.