Sunday, June 30, 2013

Monthly Recap: June 2013

I didn't have to go to school at all this month, so I was so very excited about all the reading time I would have. What did I do? Read? No. For some reason I was always distracted by something else. I guess when I was in school I read when I was done with my work or something, but at home my work is never done. People always make huge lists of things they want to do over the summer but only about 10% of them actually follow through with it. I still read a good amount of books this month, but not nearly as many as I wanted to. One thing I am happy with is how much I blogged. I think I kept up a pretty nice schedule.

Books Read:
  1. Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) - Holly Black
  2. The Pledge (The Pledge #1) - Kimberly Derting
  3. If I Should Die (Revenants #3) - Amy Plum
  4. Fever (Chemical Gardens #2) - Lauren DeStefano
  5. Sever (Chemical Gardens #3) - Lauren DeStefano
  6. Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1) - Melissa Marr
  7. Reboot (Reboot #1) - Amy Tintera
  8. Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) - Kiersten White
  9. The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) - Julie Kagawa
  10. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
  11. The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) - Michelle Hodkin
  12. Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) - Holly Black
Books Reviewed:
  1. The Dashwood Sister's Secrets of Love - Rosie Rushton
  2. Ten - Gretchen McNeil
  3. Wither (Chemical Gardens #1) - Lauren DeStefano
  4. Matched (Matched #1) - Ally Condie
  5. The Lost Prince (Call of the Forgotten #1) - Julie Kagawa
  6. Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) - Holly Black
  7. If I Should Die (Revenants #3) - Amy Plum
  8. Reboot (Reboot #1) - Amy Tintera
  9. The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) - Julie Kagawa


Quote of the Month:

"If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun" - Kathryn Hepburn
Picture of the Month:

I was just walking around the city and I thought this was a cool sign. It's all old-fashiony.

P.S. If you already saw this, I accidentally posted it early. >.< Sorry

2 comments:

  1. "People always make huge lists of things they want to do over the summer but only about 10% of them actually follow through with it." Haha, well I'm definitely part of that 90%! Anyways, great post Sydney, and I'm glad you're enjoying your summer break! Mine started today!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that too! During the school year, even if i don't have much time to read, I tend to feel like i read more, but summer i just lazy it off. DX Yay, you read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist! How did you like it?

    Happy lazy-ness! XD

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.