Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: If I Should Die

If I Should Die
Revenants #3 
Amy Plum

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?



Rating: 5/5

Quotes: 
“Whatever happens, remember that I will love you forever,” he says. “Even if my spirit is dispersed and my consciousness released to the universe... whatever is left of me will never stop loving you.”

“Feelings change with time - or at least pain lessens with time; I know that from experience.”

“Kate, I’ll say it like this. Vincent is my best friend. There’s not a person in this world I’m closer to. But for the past year, I have betrayed him in my heart every single day because I want for myself what he loves the very most.”


My Thoughts:
I have fallen in love with this series throughout the books. The characters are amazing, the setting, the plot, just everything made me love theses books. If I Should Die was no exception. Kate is an amazing heroine and Vincent, his strength and love for Kate just made my heart flutter. In this final book the epic battle between good and evil takes place. Everyone is gearing up for the final battle. One of the big plot twist I had already guessed, but that didn't make this book any less enjoyable. Overall I was really pleased with the way this series ended.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't blown away with the first book so I haven't revisited the series but I'm thinking maybe I should at some point. Glad you loved how it all came together! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yous should continue it. I really enjoyed this series! :)

      ~Sydney

      Delete
  2. I have yet to check out this series! I've had the first book sitting on my shelf forever now. Glad you enjoyed this one :) Great review!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.