Friday, October 4, 2013

My Ex From Hell: Guest Post


My Ex From Hell
Tellulah Darling

Sixteen-year-old Sophie Bloom wishes she’d been taught the following:
a) Bad boy’s presence (TrOuBlE) + teen girl’s brain (DraMa) = TrAuMa (Highly unstable and very volatile.)
b) The Genus Greekulum Godissimus is notable for three traits: 1) awesome abilities, 2) grudges, and 3) hook-ups, break-ups, and in-fighting that puts cable to shame.

Prior to the Halloween dance, Sophie figures her worst problems involve adolescent theatrics, bitchy yoga girls, and being on probation at her boarding school for mouthy behaviour. Then she meets bad boy Kai and gets the kiss that rocks her world. Literally.

This breath stealing lip lock reawakens Sophie’s true identity: Persephone, Goddess of Spring. She’s key to saving humanity in the war between the Underworld and Olympus, target numero uno of Hades and Zeus, and totally screwed.

Plus there’s also the little issue that Sophie’s last memory as Persephone was just before someone tried to murder her.

Big picture: master her powers, get her memories back, defeat Persephone’s would be assassin, and save the world. Also, sneak into the Underworld to retrieve stolen property, battle the minions of Hades and Zeus, outwit psycho nymphs, slay a dragon, rescue a classmate, keep from getting her butt expelled from the one place designed to keep her safe … 
and stop kissing Kai, Prince of the Underworld.

My Ex From Hell is a romantic comedy/Greek mythology smackdown. Romeo and Juliet had it easy.
Guest Post: 
What Inspires Me (to be sung to the tune of My Favourite Things from Sound of Music)

Hot men and bad boys and guys that are swoony
Smart chicks and smart mouths that don't fall too soony
Banter and sly looks you hope they don't see
This is just some of what inspires me

Flirting and friendships and having that first date
Falling so hard and then finding your soul mate
Sneak attack kisses that amp a degree
This is just some of what inspires me

Sizzle and fire and sexy behaviour
Playing it cool with a smooth "see you later"
Misunderstandings that you don't foresee
This is just some of what inspires me

So freaked is he
So scared is she
Will my story mend
I simply remember what inspires me
And then it's true love, in the end

**And that, darlings, is both what inspires me and why I am not a famous lyricist on Broadway. All kidding aside, I write about love and so every human interaction regarding love (and hate) fascinates and inspires me. It doesn’t have to be romantic relationships either. I’m inspired by great friendships, and sometimes, why those friendships become more, but other times how perfect they are as is.

My inspiration comes from watching teens laugh on the bus, parents and kids locked in sullen silence, or elderly couples holding hands at the beach. If I’m not eavesdropping on actual people, I’m losing myself in fictional characters because I find inspiration in other people’s stories – both excellence I want to try to attain and ways in which I absolutely do not want to spin my tales. I’m inspired by humour in the midst of sadness and moments of drama when it’s been so comedic up until now. I’ve drawn inspiration from literal situations I’ve lived and thematic premises drawn from the human condition. And the fun of being inspired by people and life and love and hate is that sometimes what I'm most judgemental about or find the most idiotic, turns out to give me my favourite story and character moments.

Hope you enjoyed this and thanks for having me!
Tellulah

2 comments:

  1. Wow those lyrics are amazing. I am not one to love romance taking over a book, but if it's amazingly written and adorabley drawn out then I wouldn't mind if the whole book was about them scumbling their love for each other.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.