Monday, December 9, 2013

Review: Perfect You

Perfect You
Elizabeth Scott

Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast. Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate's invisible.

And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest.

Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen -- but only if she lets them...



Rating: 4/5

Quotes:
“Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn't happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?”

“The world will knock you down plenty. You don't need to be doing it to yourself.”

“Cute" is one of those words people use when they know you're smart enough to realize "you've got so much personality" means "you're ugly.”

My Thoughts:
This book was just really cute. Whenever I just need a cute light book to read I pick up this one. Kate's dad just up and left his job one day to follow his dream of selling vitamins in the mall. Worst yet, Kate has to help. It isn't like she had much popularity to lose but there it went. Also, there is Will. I actually really liked his character. There were a lot of moments he had with Kate that just made me go "awwwwww".  Kate made a lot of assumptions about him and kind of treated him like crap when I don't really feel like he deserved it. She was very defensive because she didn't want to get hurt, which I understand, but she just started acting mean. Either way I really liked this book. I have probably read the whole thing about seven times. If you want a quick, cute, feel-good read, I would definetly reccommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.