Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wintertime Reads

This is my perfect winter day: Imagine being curled up in a fleece blanket on your favorite chair by the fire. You have a nice cup of *insert favorite winter drink here* by your side. Outside there is a slight flurry of snow but no worries, you are nice and warm and toasty. All that is missing is a good book. These are some of the books I would reach for:

My number one choice would definitely be Let it Snow by John Green, Mureen Johnson, and Luren Myracle. This book contains three different holiday romances that all occur in the same town. All of the stories connect in the cutest ways. This book is the EPITOME of a cute, feel-good winter read. 

When I think of winter reads, I think of  books that make you feel as good as a warm fire does. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan does that. The first time I finished this book I couldn't help but smile. And doesn't that cover just scream winter?

If you are more of a paranormal book person I would recommend Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. This book has just what you need: a wintertime setting, a cute small-town, a simple but complicated love, and werewolves!

What is your ideal wintertime read?

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Shiver, it really does have a perfect winter setting. Let it Snow looks really cute, I saw it at the bookstore! Thanks for sharing Sydney.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH DASH AND LILY'S BOOK OF DARES! <3 J'ADORE! <3 Read it during Christmas time and you won't regret a single thing, trust me.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.